Company: Land O'Lakes
Posted on: January 12, 2022
Join Land O'Lakes, Inc., and help us bring food from farmer to
fork, building vibrant communities along the way. We're a global,
Fortune 250 company and a farmer-owned cooperative, which means we
work for one another-not Wall Street. We're proud to rank a Top
Workplace. We offer:
- Competitive compensation and rewards
- Best-in-class healthcare for you and your family
- Powerful savings programs
- Training and career progressionOperations ManagerThe Operations
Manager in our animal milk replacer manufacturing plant is
responsible for ensuring and improving the performance,
productivity, efficiency, and profitability of departmental and
organizational operations through the provision of effective
methods and strategies. Establish, lead and manage operational
strategizing, budget management, and logistics management to ensure
best practices.Essential Functions:
- Supervise the operations of manufacturing personnel to ensure a
manufacturing process is within budget and time schedule.
- Develop and implement plans for the effective use of material
and labor resources to achieve manufacturing target.
- Oversee the hiring, orienting, counseling, compensation
process, and training of production employees to ensure a competent
- Communicate job expectations; planning, monitoring, appraising,
and reviewing job contributions.
- Contribute operations information and recommendations to
strategic plans and reviews; prepare and complete action plans;
implement production, productivity, quality and customer-service
standards; resolve problems; complete audits; identify trends.
- Analyze process workflow, employee and space requirements and
equipment layout; implement changes.
- Maintain safe and healthy work environment by establishing,
following, and enforcing standards and procedures, complying with
- Meet or exceed operations labor budget expectations.
- Manage staff levels, wages, hours, contract labor to
- Work closely with Plant Manager and management team to set
and/or implement policies, procedures, and systems and to follow
through with implementation.
- Communicate all operating policies and/or issues at department
- Work closely with Production team and Maintenance Manager to
perform analysis of inventory and ensure utilization of inventory
effectively, purchasing the right equipment, maintaining solid
inventory data and reduce expenses.
- Monitor manufacturing team to ensure operations are in
compliance with health and safety standards.
- Analyze and provide solutions to manufacturing challenges or
- Liaise with the Quality Assurance department to ensure product
quality and specification are consistent.
- Conduct assessments to identify mechanical and procedural
limitations that minimize work efficiency.
- Collaborate with Marketing and Sales staff to implement
strategies that will improve the marketability of manufactured
- Oversee the procurement of raw materials and equipment required
- Review personnel performance to determine individuals most
suited for promotion.Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Traits:
- Strong Microsoft Office suite and written communication
- Conveys information clearly and effectively in both written and
- Strong interpersonal skills and a demonstrated ability to
motivate and direct others.
- Make decisions that show an understanding of the issues.
- Ability to handle multiple demands and shifting
- Ability to supervise and provide training, develop standards,
and manage processes.
- Ability to work within a team environment. (Active listening,
ability to influence a positive employee environment, ability to
influence change and lead those who oppose
- Bachelor's Degree in Supply Chain Management or related field
- High school diploma plus 5 or more years previous management
experience in a food or feed manufacturing environment with
increasing responsibility and scope, i.e. strategic planning,
project management, supervision, training, etc. will be accepted in
lieu of coursework.Supervisory Responsibilities:
- Responsibility of Operations Supervisors, Leads, and
Associates. Indirect responsibility for all Manufacturing
- Work with Plant Manager and HR Business Partner on reports
quarterly and yearly reviews.Physical Demands DurationStanding
Entire shiftNoise typical of a production environment Entire
shiftWorking around moving equipment RegularlyWorking in hot/cold
temperatures RegularlyWalking, stooping and kneeling RegularlyTime
- On occasion, business demands may require some employees to
work overtime and weekends.
- When overtime is required, employees are expected to work extra
hours as required to meet business needs - this is a requirement of
this position.Land O'Lakes, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer
(EOE) M/F/Vets/Disabled. The company maintains a drug-free
workforce, including pre- and post-employment substance abuse
testing pursuant to a Drug and Alcohol Policy.Neither Land O'Lakes,
nor its search firms, will ever contact you and ask for
confidential information over the phone or in email. If you receive
a call or email like this, please do not provide the information
being requested.Land O'Lakes endeavors to make Landolakesinc.com
accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us
regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance
completing the application process, please contact the HR Solution
Center at 844-LOL-HR4U (844-565-4748) M-F 8:00am-4:30pm CT.Land
O'Lakes requires that employees report whether or not they have
been fully vaccinated for COVID 19. Employees may be subject to
COVID testing and/or vaccine mandates under regulations applicable
to Land O'Lakes as a federal contractor and/or a large employer.
Requests for accommodation from vaccination requirements for
applicable roles will be administered through HR.Refer to this link
for definition of fully vaccinated.
Keywords: Land O'Lakes, Manteca , Operations Manager, Executive , Manteca, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!