Infection Prevention Program Manager
Company: Kaiser Permanente
Posted on: May 15, 2022
Manages the medical center Infection Prevention Program to
ensure activities are directed toward preventing and decreasing
healthcare associated infections and improving patient safety
across the continuum of care (including hospitals and associated
medical office buildings). Participates in the medical center's
continuous survey readiness program to maintain compliance with
- Provides strategic support to achieve high level of quality
performance through collaboration with local leaders and regional
initiatives and standardization to improve health.
- Accountable for the annual development, implementation, and
evaluation of the Infection Prevention goals and objectives, plan,
and risk assessment to reduce and control the risk of health care
- Collaborates with leadership team to ensure compliance with
regulatory and accrediting agency requirements, timely and accurate
reporting to Department of Public Health and other external
agencies as appropriate.
- Acts as content expert to physician leaders, patient care
service leaders and quality leaders to improve patient
- Provides consultation to medical center leaders and
- Actively participates in leadership meetings to ensure
alignment of priorities and strategies.
- May provides direct supervision for other Quality department
- Provides direct supervision to Infection Prevention
Coordinator(s) and Associate.
- Accountable for departmental budget.
- Co-chairs the Infection Control Committee with the Infectious
Disease Chief to provide leadership which will ensure surveillance
activities and improvement plans are analyzed, implemented and
reported to leadership.
- Collaborates with Occupational/Employee Health to institute
measures to protect and prevent healthcare workers from injuries
due to communicable diseases.
- Collaborates with Facility Services to ensure an integrated
Environment of Care program.
- Keeps abreast of current scientific literature,
recommendations, guidelines, and regulatory requirements which may
impact the Infection Prevention Program.
- Kaiser Permanente conducts compensation reviews of positions on
a routine basis. At any time, Kaiser Permanente reserves the right
to reevaluate and change job descriptions, or to change such
positions from salaried to hourly pay status. Such changes are
generally implemented only after notice is given to affected
- Minimum three (3) years of infection prevention experience in
acute health care facility.Education
- Bachelor's degree in health related field such as nursing,
epidemiology, microbiology or public health.License, Certification,
- Current Certification in Infection Control (CIC) required
within 2 years of hire.
- Demonstrated leadership skills.
- Demonstrated skills in program management, project management,
time management, and/or resource management.
- Demonstrated ability to influence change.
- Demonstrated skills in collaborative team work.
- Demonstrated problem-solving, analytic, and decision making
- Demonstrated written and oral communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and present educational
- Demonstrated ability to apply adult learning principles.
- Demonstrated computer software application skills such as Lotus
Notes, Words, Excel, and Powerpoint.
- Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership
- Valid California license or certification in clinical
healthcare discipline such as nursing, clinical laboratory science,
or public health preferred.
- Experience in Quality/Risk/Patient Safety/Just Culture/Project
- Current Certification in Infection Control (CIC) preferred.
- Master's degree preferred in nursing, epidemiology,
microbiology, public health or other discipline.
PrimaryLocation : California,Manteca,Manteca Medical Center
HoursPerWeek : 40
Shift : Day
Workdays : Mon, Tue, Wed, Thu, Fri
WorkingHoursStart : 08:00 AM
WorkingHoursEnd : 04:30 PM
Job Schedule : Full-time
Job Type : Standard
Employee Status : Regular
Employee Group/Union Affiliation : NUE-NCAL-09-NUE-Non Union
Job Level : Team Leader/Supervisor
Job Category : QA, UR & Case Management
Department : Manteca Hospital - Hosp Adm-Quality Improvement -
Travel : Yes, 25 % of the Time
Kaiser Permanente is an equal opportunity employer committed to a
diverse and inclusive workforce. Applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, sexual orientation,
national origin, marital status, parental status, ancestry,
disability, gender identity, veteran status, genetic information,
other distinguishing characteristics of diversity and inclusion, or
any other protected status.
Keywords: Kaiser Permanente, Manteca , Infection Prevention Program Manager, Executive , Manteca, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!