Company: Big Lots
Posted on: September 24, 2022
When you join our team, you'll enjoy extra savings with a 20%
discount on almost everything in store - even food! And a 30%
discount on Indoor and Outdoor furniture. Additional benefits
include a same day pay option (hourly associates only), discounts
on Apple products, Verizon, AT&T services, and more! For More
information about benefits, see
Responsible for leading, planning, and directing the entire Store
Team. Accountable for all functional areas of the store, including
the financial performance, execution of company initiatives,
staffing, inventory control, and compliance with company standards.
Retains accountability for all aspects of the store but will often
delegate tasks or operational activities to other leaders and will
supervise, inspect, train, and/or coach those leaders in order to
accomplish all goals and tasks set for the store. Occasionally
required to prepare for freight processing, stock shelves, or
participate in other aspects of the freight flow and merchandising
process. Will spend a substantial majority of working time
performing management tasks.
1. Plans, leads, directs, and employs all operational and financial
resources to achieve established goals.
2. Utilizes company reports and tools in order to assess
efficiency, analyze trends, and identify opportunities for
improvement in store performance.
3. Leads all store processes in accordance with company standards,
including freight flow, merchandise presentation, reconciliation of
all sales, cash and inventory transactions, and customer
4. Leads and supervises all furniture department operations,
including furniture sales and sales processes, Lease to Purchase,
Price Holds, and furniture department merchandising and
5. Responsible for the scheduling and payroll processing in the
store on a daily and weekly basis.
6. Oversees and drives staffing efforts in the store, including
interviewing, selection, hiring, training, and performance
evaluations of all associates in collaboration with the other
members of the store's leadership team.
7. Approves and administers appropriate disciplinary action to
associates, including recommendations for termination, in
partnership with the other operational and support resources in
accordance with company guidelines.
8. Responsible for the supervision, maintenance, and compliance of
all customer service and associate recognition programs. Completes
training and follow up as needed.
9. Directs the preparation for merchandising initiatives and
ensures reconciliation of all inventory transactions.
10. Serves as Manager on Duty including opening and closing the
store. When serving in this role, provides leadership and direction
to floor associates and ensures that store, merchandising, and
customer service standards are continuously met, including
merchandise presentation, signage, recovery, and cleanliness.
Drives the customer experience and ensures resolution of customer
1. High School Diploma, GED or equivalent work experience required.
Must be 18 years of age.
2. Minimum five years retail management experience preferred.
3. Excellent leadership, organizational, communication,
presentation and interpersonal skills required.
4. Proven ability to lead, coach and develop team members to
achieve company goals and objectives on a consistent basis.
5. Strong decision-making and problem resolution skills
6. Ability to lift, carry, push, and pull a minimum of 50 pounds
required. Ability to unload freight, to move product on and off
store shelves, to walk, stand, bend, stoop, or kneel for long
periods of time, and to move freely throughout store on a continual
7. Availability to work a variable schedule of at least 40 hours
per week, including nights, weekends, and holidays required.
8. Ability to travel between stores with some overnight stays
9. Demonstrated visual merchandising skills required.
10. Basic English literacy, math and PC skills required.
We will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including
those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the
requirements of applicable state and local laws.
Keywords: Big Lots, Manteca , Store Manager, Hospitality & Tourism , Manteca, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!