Production Floor Supervisor
Company: 5.11 Tactical
Posted on: November 17, 2022
Under the direction of the Custom Shop Production Manager, this
position is responsible for supervising and coordinating the
operations of the Screen Print, Heat Press, Embroidery,
Alterations, Engraving, QC, Receiving and Shipping departments,
while ensuring a high standard of quality and efficiency. In
partnership with the Custom Shop leadership team, this position
helps plan, develop, implement, and maintain departmental
procedures, goals, and strategies. They will exhibit excellent
people skills, an enthusiastic and positive attitude, strong
problem-solving skills, and solid multi-tasking abilities, while
working in a fast-paced environment. Must possess a close attention
to detail, follow good judgement and strive to exceed our
- Assists with the creation and maintenance of the departments
SOP's, Job Descriptions, and training material.
- Ensures staff is properly trained to perform assigned tasks and
understands the company mission, vision, values, quality policy,
and safety protocols.
- Assists with annual production staff performance
- Helps set the department and individual contributors annual
Goals. Ensures goals are reviewed with all team members on a
- Manages personnel scheduling and payroll.
- Guide's the production Leads and Operator teams as a mentor and
roll-model, introducing and expanding on time management and
- Manages individual contributor performance and
accountabilities. Performs re-training and/or corrective action as
- Participates in interviewing and hiring.
- Must gain knowledge and become proficient in the use of
Shopworks, the 5.11 Company ERP Dynamics AX, and have a basic
working knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Outlook.
- Must learn or have existing experience with all production
embellishment techniques and application (i.e. Screen Print, Heat
Press, Embroidery, Alterations, Engraving, Quality Control and
Embellishment file formats).
- Must be familiar with all 5.11 products and their construction
to better understand embellishment opportunities and limitations.
- Must learn and understand all FTZ compliance requirements.
Ensures FTZ protocols are being followed daily.
- Obtains daily production schedule from the Sr. Production
Coordinator and delivers scope of work and priority to Production
- Conducts daily production planning meeting with production
leads. Ensures that assignments and priorities are clear for each
Lead in all production areas (Screen Print, Heat Press, Embroidery,
Alterations, Engraving, Quality Control, Receiving and
- Prioritizes workflow for each department and responds to daily
demands. Ensures that each machine has enough work staged at their
proper location for the day.
- Responsible for the accuracy of all production performance
reporting related to shift(s).
- Responsible for communicating any production related issues or
delays to cross functional leaders.
- Support Leads with first run approvals. Ensures documentation
and embellishments match and embellishments are correct in
placement, size, and color.
- Conducts weekly quality control audits to ensure SOP's are
- Assists employees in solving work related issues, providing
employee with guidance, resolution, and inspiration.
- Ensures equipment operators are running their machines safely,
effectively, and efficiently. Setting goals and expectations for
desired production rate and daily quotas.
- Maintains an open dialog with production employees.
- Responsible for giving accurate updates of Custom Shop
activities to cross functional department leaders. Communicates
scheduling issues to the Sr. Production Coordinator and Production
- Ensures that all operators are entering their information
correctly and timely into Shopworks.
- Responsible for supporting production team Leads and Operators
with the completion of daily production schedules.
- Ensures that finished orders are moved to the shipping
department in a timely manner for shipping.
- Ensures equipment is maintained and operating properly.
Promptly schedules service for or decommissions equipment in need
of repair or replacement. Assists in equipment maintenance and PM
- Ensures support teams (allocation, screen dept., ink dept.)
have advanced prep-work completed prior to production date.
- Supports and builds a cohesive team, bringing all departments
together working towards a common goal. Builds an environment that
fosters employee retention and job satisfaction.
- Maintains confidentiality regarding employee information.
- Monitors housekeeping, helping achieve a high level of
cleanliness and organization.
- Performs other duties and tasks as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed
below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability
required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
Education and Experience: 5-years of previous embellishment
production experience and leadership.
Language Skills: Ability to read, write, and comprehend English
instructions. Listens and gets clarification. Listens to others
Mathematical Skills: Ability to add and subtract two-digit numbers
to fill out production records.
Reasoning Ability: Ability to apply common sense understanding to
carry out detailed but uninvolved written and oral instructions.
Ability to deal with problems involving few concrete variables in
standardized situations. Exceptional organizational skills
required. Ability to recognize and resolve problems quickly using
sound judgment and diplomacy.
Computer Skills: Basic computer / keyboard knowledge is required.
Must have or acquire functional knowledge of company ERP (Dynamics
AX) and the Custom Shop production management solution
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are
representative of those that must be met by an employee to perform
the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may
be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly
required to stand. The employee is occasionally required to sit,
walk, and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally
lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities
required by this job include vision to discern colors and fine
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described
here are representative of those an employee encounters while
performing the essential functions of the job. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to
At 5.11 we embrace a high energy culture built upon our values of
Service, Unity, Impact and Tenacity.
Service - At 5.11, we wear our passion for service on our sleeves:
it is an honor to serve those who serve and people of all walks of
life. With humility and great respect for our consumers and our
roots, we take pride in our brand and engage with our communities.
By championing the needs of our consumer we fulfill the mission of
Unity - We build together-as one, global 5.11 family. Our
individual abilities and diverse perspectives strengthen outcomes.
We collaborate, taking a holistic view and listening actively. By
communicating with intention, care and clarity, we empower each
other to reach new heights.
Impact - We have big ambitions and they start and end with our
consumer. With them in mind, we innovate for impact-we think big,
think creatively and challenge norms. We foster curiosity and
iterate, relentlessly pursuing solutions. For ultimate impact, we
drive to disrupt for good.
Tenacity - We are tenacious in our pursuits and accountable to each
other. This builds trust and the confidence to rise to any
challenge. We have the courage to take risks and, no matter the
outcome, we flex and adapt, always having each other's backs. We
persist-determined to Always Be Ready.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner
discriminate against employees or applicants because they have
inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of
another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access
to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as
a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of
other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise
have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is
(a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance
of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an
investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the
contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR
Keywords: 5.11 Tactical, Manteca , Production Floor Supervisor, Hospitality & Tourism , Manteca, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!