Embellishment Development Supervisor
Company: 5.11 Tactical
Posted on: November 25, 2022
Under the direction of the Custom Shop Production Manager, this
position is responsible for directing and coordinating the
operations of the Custom Shop Art Department, it's Embellishment
Developers, Graphic Designers, and Digitizers in order to meet
design and proofing deadlines, while ensuring a high standard of
quality and efficiency. In partnership with the Custom Shop
leadership team, this position helps plan, develop, implement, and
maintain departmental procedures, goals, and strategies. This
person must possess an extensive knowledge of graphic design and
digitizing and how it applies to 5.11 Tactical products. They will
exhibit excellent people skills, an enthusiastic and positive
attitude, strong problem-solving skills, and solid multi-tasking
abilities, while working in a fast-paced environment. Must possess
a close attention to detail, follow good judgement and strive to
exceed our customer's expectations.
- Assists with the creation and maintenance of the departments
SOP's, Job Descriptions, and training material.
- Ensures staff is properly trained to perform assigned tasks and
understands the company mission, vision, values, quality policy,
and safety protocols.
- Assists with annual Art Dept. staff performance
- Helps set the department and individual contributors annual
Goals. Ensures goals are reviewed with all team members on a
- Manages personnel scheduling and payroll.
- Guide's the Art Dept. teams as a mentor and roll-model,
introducing and expanding on time management and organizational
- Manages individual contributor performance and
accountabilities. Performs re-training and/or corrective action as
- Participates in interviewing and hiring.
- Must gain knowledge and become proficient in the use of
Shopworks, the 5.11 Company ERP Dynamics AX and have a basic
working knowledge of Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, Wilcom,
Microsoft Excel and Outlook.
- Must learn or have existing experience with all production
embellishment techniques and application (i.e., Screen Print, Heat
Press, Embroidery, Alterations, Engraving, Quality Control and
Embellishment file formats).
- Must be familiar with all 5.11 products and their construction
to better understand embellishment opportunities and
- Must have or gain practical working experience with Embroidery
Digitizing and Graphics separation software.
- Analyzes and manages daily workflow and performance of the
Custom Shop Embellishment Developers, Graphic Designers, and
- Oversees design schedules and proof requests to ensure 24-hour
turn-times are being met. Responsible for developing, managing, and
maintaining embellishment development schedule via Shopworks to
meet or exceed customers' deadlines.
- Partners with Product Development on internal 5.11 Wholesale,
DTC and SMU embellishment and patch projects. Ensures design
specifications are created and updated in Shopworks to support
sampling and production.
- Partners with Product Development on fabric embellishment
testing and reporting.
- Manages production sample cataloging.
- Reviews design requests to ensure the requested embellishment
type can be successfully applied onto 5.11 Tactical or 3 rd party
- Responsible for outsourcing art/digitizing design when work
volume exceeds capacity.
- Assists in production first run approvals.
- Responsible for assisting the production team with edits
related to digitized designs and/or proofs.
- Works directly with CSR Supervisor on special or complex
projects related to designs, names-lists and proofs.
- Consults with customers on embellishment application and
expectations, providing technical advice and design suggestion as
- Oversees the maintenance of all graphics databases which store
art files, work instructions, names-lists, and proofs, including
Shopworks, Wilcom, Digital Spec Sheets (DSS) and other external
- Responsible for communicating any production related issues or
delays to cross functional partners and the Production Manager.
- Makes sure team is up to date on all new garments and
- Works in collaboration with colleagues across all
- Assists employees in solving work related issues, providing
guidance, direction, counsel, and motivation.
- Maintains an open dialog with Production and Customer Service
- Supports and builds a cohesive team, bringing all departments
together working towards a common goal. Builds an environment that
fosters employee retention and job satisfaction.
- Maintains confidentiality regarding employee information.
- Ability to adapt to a swiftly changing production environment.
- Ensures equipment is maintained and operating properly.
Promptly schedules service for or decommissions equipment in need
of repair or replacement. Assists in equipment maintenance and PM
- Performs other duties and tasks as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed
below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability
required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
Education and Experience: 5-years of previous embellishment
production experience and leadership. Previous work experience in a
screen print or embroidery company preferred.
Language Skills: Ability to read, write, and comprehend English
instructions. Listens and gets clarification. Listens to others
Mathematical Skills: Ability to add and subtract two-digit numbers
to fill out production records.
Reasoning Ability: Ability to apply common sense understanding to
carry out detailed but uninvolved written and oral instructions.
Ability to deal with problems involving few concrete variables in
standardized situations. Exceptional organizational skills
required. Ability to recognize and resolve problems quickly using
sound judgment and diplomacy.
Computer Skills: Basic computer / keyboard knowledge is required.
Must have or acquire functional knowledge of company ERP (Dynamics
AX) and the Custom Shop production management solution
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are
representative of those that must be met by an employee to perform
the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may
be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly
required to sit. The employee is occasionally required to stand,
walk, and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally
lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities
required by this job include vision to discern colors and fine
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described
here are representative of those an employee encounters while
performing the essential functions of the job. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to
At 5.11 we embrace a high energy culture built upon our values of
Service, Unity, Impact and Tenacity.
Service - At 5.11, we wear our passion for service on our sleeves:
it is an honor to serve those who serve and people of all walks of
life. With humility and great respect for our consumers and our
roots, we take pride in our brand and engage with our communities.
By championing the needs of our consumer we fulfill the mission of
Unity - We build together-as one, global 5.11 family. Our
individual abilities and diverse perspectives strengthen outcomes.
We collaborate, taking a holistic view and listening actively. By
communicating with intention, care and clarity, we empower each
other to reach new heights.
Impact - We have big ambitions and they start and end with our
consumer. With them in mind, we innovate for impact-we think big,
think creatively and challenge norms. We foster curiosity and
iterate, relentlessly pursuing solutions. For ultimate impact, we
drive to disrupt for good.
Tenacity - We are tenacious in our pursuits and accountable to each
other. This builds trust and the confidence to rise to any
challenge. We have the courage to take risks and, no matter the
outcome, we flex and adapt, always having each other's backs. We
persist-determined to Always Be Ready.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner
discriminate against employees or applicants because they have
inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of
another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access
to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as
a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of
other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise
have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is
(a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance
of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an
investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the
contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR
Keywords: 5.11 Tactical, Manteca , Embellishment Development Supervisor, Hospitality & Tourism , Manteca, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!