Human Resources Business Partner I
Company: TJX Companies
Posted on: April 10, 2021
Style is never in short supply at our more than 1,000 TJ Maxx
stores. They all have different products, but the same commitment
to the thrill of the find. From designers straight off the runway
to statement jewelry, we offer exciting surprises that make the
everyday a little more fun. Same with working here. Our environment
is ever-changing, yet always encouraging. Each shift is a new
opportunity to Discover Different. The Opportunity:
- Supports Associate Relations & Labor Relations by administering
and advising all levels of associates on company policies,
procedures, union contract administration, grievances and benefit
programs. Facilitates associate engagement events.
- Ensures compliance with state, local and federal laws and
company policies. Adherence to record compliance, retention and
HRIS system tracking.
- Provides disciplinary action approval. Payroll Administration,
Leave of Absence/ADA administration, termination process and exit
- Provides counseling and recommends resolution to
associate/supervisory union and nonunion issues. Ensures Open Door,
diversity and other values related issues are resolved timely &
- Conducts investigations, fact-findings and resolves conflicts
as they arise. Counsels and provides referral resources for
- Ensures the effective training and development of supervisors
and associates on the floor.
- Provides coaching, facilitates discussions and makes
recommendations for non-exempt associates' and D/C Supervisors'
- Conducts new hire orientations. Delivers, monitors, coaches and
guides technical and nontechnical training for Distribution Center
Supervisors and non-exempt associates
- Consults with D/C Supervisors and associates on the floor to
follow up on operational issues, such as work methods, productivity
and new hire follow-up.
- Proactively strategizes with management to recruit new hires
based on production requirements. Sources, interviews, and selects
external candidates up to Supervisory level.
- As appropriate, administers internal recruitment and selection
process including bargaining unit positions. Proactively develops
and implements alternative staffing sources and represents the
Company at job fairs. Who We Are Looking For:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent job experience is
- Knowledge of recruitment strategies and techniques, employment
agency methods and operations, developed skill in interviewing
- Knowledge of HR/labor laws, proven ability to handle
confidential information Solid verbal and nonverbal communications
skills, good interpersonal skills, coaching and counseling
- Knowledge of HRIS and Payroll Systems, Kronos and Oracle
- Flexibility to work varying shifts based on business
needs/vacation coverage. At TJ Maxx there's so much potential to
discover something new. A new day means new merchandise, and a
fresh chance to reinvent retail. Discover Different means that we
want you to bring your whole self and your sense of style to work
with you every day-just as Associates do throughout the entire TJX
family, which includes Marshalls, HomeGoods, Sierra, and Homesense.
Discover Different also means we embrace each other's differences
and unique perspectives. We consider all applicants for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual
orientation, national origin, age, disability, gender identity and
expression, marital or military status. We also provide reasonable
accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities in
accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act and applicable
state and local law.
Keywords: TJX Companies, Manteca , Human Resources Business Partner I, Human Resources , Manteca, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!