Senior Retail Clerk - Manteca
Company: COMMUNITY HOSPICE INC MASTER
Posted on: September 22, 2022
CHIMI - Hope Chest Manteca - Manteca, CA
Community Hospice is seeking a dynamic Senior Retail Clerk to join
our Community Hospice family. As the largest and oldest nonprofit
hospice and community-based palliative care provider in the Central
Valley, Community Hospice has been supporting and providing
services to our community since 1979. Our mission is to embrace
individuals and families facing life-changing journeys, enhancing
quality of life for all. Accredited by CHAP (Community Health
Accredited Program), our services extend to over 2,000 patients
each year wherever they call home.
Responsible for sorting the clothes that come in as donations and
cleaning, tagging, pricing, and displaying as appropriate.
Responsible for receiving of merchandise, including giving tax
receipts; providing superior customer service; and careful handling
of the merchandise.
- Responsible for sorting and separating the merchandise by
usable and non-usable bins into appropriate categories. This
includes the handling of merchandise using hangers and placing on
- Responsible for tagging the merchandise that has been sorted,
which includes using the pricing gun and labels.
- Makes pricing decisions based on our pricing structure
guidelines and works with store management on pricing
- Stocks and displays merchandise on the sales floor; performs
merchandising techniques as instructed by the management.
- Receives merchandise that is dropped off at donations sites and
provides customers with copies of tax receipts. Moves the
merchandise to the processing/sorting area.
- Other duties as assigned, including work in other areas to
cover absences or relief to equalize peak work periods or otherwise
meet the needs of the organization.
- Follows all CHIMI policies and procedures including, but not
limited to store retail policies and procedures, infection control,
privacy, confidentiality, and HIPAA.
- Responsible for secure handling of keys and alarm codes to Hope
- Responsible for opening store. Follows all cash handling
procedures as outlined in Policy 7-005. Recovers any areas in store
not recovered night before. Opens donation center and preps area
for day's business.
- Responsible for handling refunds and exchanges in accordance to
- Responsible for handling voids on cash register in accordance
to Policy 7-006
- Responsible for enforcing store donation Policy 7-004
- Responsible for recovering store at end of sales day.
- Responsible for closing and securing the store at the end of
the sales day. Secure funds in accordance with Policy 7-005
- Previous customer service and/or retail experience
- Cash Handling / Cash Register experience
- Good communications skills.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: This position works in retail store environment
(The Hope Chest ) which includes a receiving warehouse area-
outside accepting donations.
WORK SCHEDULE: This is a full-time position. Days/hours may vary
and could be consecutive days up to 8 hours per day, with
occasional overtime as needed, to maintain the production
processing requirements of the position.
- Medical Insurance- Premium 100% paid by employer for employee
- Dental Insurance - Premium 100% paid by employer for employee
- Vision Insurance - Premium 100% paid by employer for employee
- Voluntary Short-Term Disability Insurance
- Long-Term Disability / Life Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA) - Funds added by employer every
- Paid Time Off / Paid Holidays
- 403(b) Retirement plan with employer contributions
- Bereavement Pay (3 Days)
- Jury Duty Pay (5 Days)
- Fitness Center Membership discounts
- Employee Assistance program
- Other retail discounts (rental cars, cell phones, etc.)
Keywords: COMMUNITY HOSPICE INC MASTER, Manteca , Senior Retail Clerk - Manteca, Other , Manteca, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!