Screen Print Lead
Company: 5.11 Tactical
Posted on: July 4, 2019
"We are innovators who make purpose-built gear for live's most
Our ethos defines our culture- Trusted, Responsive, Accountable and
5.11 Tactical is the fastest-growing and most well-known brand of
tactical apparel, gear, and functional products in the world. We
work closely with first responders, Special Forces operators,
industrial and fitness professionals around the globe to create
unique apparel and gear that inspires readiness.
At our Operations Center in Modesto and Development Center in
Irvine, we leverage our deep relationships with Law Enforcement,
Special Forces Operators and First Responders to gain unique
insights. The results are products that break new ground combining
ruggedness, speed, range of motion and ultimate comfort in
professional duty, tactical training, adventure, women's tactical,
fitness and industrial professionals.
Under the direction of the Production Floor Supervisor, the Screen
Print Lead is responsible for leading and coordinating the
operations of theScreen Print department to efficiently meet
customer deadlines. Along with the Custom Shop leadership team,
this position helps plan, develop, implement and maintain
departmental procedures and goals; with a high focus on quality and
throughput. Must possess close attention to detail and practice
good judgment to exceed our customer's expectations. Responsible
for exceeding department and individual goals.
- Must gain knowledge and become proficient in the use of
Shopworks, the 5.11 Company ERP system and have a basic working
knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Outlook.
- Must maintain and employ all department Standard Operating
- Must learn or have existing experience with all Screen Print
embellishment techniques and application.
- Must be familiar with all 5.11 products and their construction
to better understand embellishment opportunities and
- Must learn all Screen Print production processes (screen
reclamation and prep, screen coating, screen imaging and
developing, ink mixing and Pantone matching, engineering sequences,
press set up and operation, dryer settings and variables, QC and
- Must keep up on current trends and advances in screen printing
technology. Keeping up on new products, equipment, and
- Sets up Monthly R&D projects to test new products and
- Must meet and keep up with standard capacity goals. Ensuring
that needed prep-work is completed prior to production date
(screens, inks, and engineering documentation) and ensures screen
print team is operating optimally.
- Must learn and understand all FTZ compliance requirements.
Ensures FTZ protocols are being followed daily.
- Follows daily and weekly production schedule to ensure customer
orders are produced for on-time delivery (by set production
- Assists the Screen Print Operators with the machine set up and
operation. Helps troubleshoot and resolve all quality and
- Checks and signs off on production documentation. Confirming
proper design, graphics placement, sizing, PMS colors, ink type,
and garment style/color.
- Assists with first print approval along with the Floor
Supervisor and Development team.
- Works with the development team on needed design file
- Documents and updates production engineering forms in Shop
- Assist Quality Control with the inspection of the finished
- Ensures that screen print operators and production assistants
are properly trained.
- Responsible for making sure all orders are scanned properly
into Shop works.
- Responsible for moving orders to other departments for proper
and timely processing.
- Maintains screen print department inventory and supplies
(screens, inks, squeegees, chemistry, adhesives, and tools).
Provides the Pre-Production team with purchasing requisitions for
- Tracks priority orders in the queue.
- Responsible for communicating production statuses to Production
- Responsible for communicating any quality or production related
issues to Production Floor Supervisor.
- Maintains organization and cleanliness of work area and
- Manages equipment PM schedule.
- Carefully follows all safety requirements.
- Performs other duties and tasks as assigned.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate
the following credentials:
- Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills.
- Maintains confidentiality.
- Strives to meet and exceed department goals.
- Remains open to other's ideas and try new things; Shares
expertise with others; Gives and welcomes feedback; Applies
feedback to improve performance; Contributes to building a positive
team spirit; Asks for and offers help when needed.
- Works with integrity and ethically.
- Adheres to 5.11 Policies and Procedures; Upholds organizational
- Displays willingness to make decisions; Exhibits sound and
accurate judgment; Supports and explains reasoning decisions;
Includes appropriate people in decision-making process; Makes
- Measures self against standard of excellence; Demonstrates
accuracy and thoroughness; Reacts well under pressure; Assesses own
strengths and weaknesses; Accepts responsibility for own actions;
Treats people with respect and consideration.
- Meets productivity standards; Strives to increase productivity;
Completes tasks correctly and on time; Uses time efficiently;
Aligns work with strategic goals; Looks for ways to improve and
promote quality; Displays orientation to profitability
- Observes safety and security procedures; Uses equipment and
materials properly; Reports potentially unsafe conditions.
- Is consistently at work and on time; commits to long hours of
work when necessary to reach goals.
- 5.11 Tactical provides a competitive salary, a full range of
outstanding benefits, a great working environment built on trust
and respect, with unbridled support for all of our Associates to
succeed. Some of those benefits include but are not limited to:
- Medical and Dental Insurance
- Vision Plan
- Life Insurance
- Basic Disability
At 5.11 Tactical, everyone has the opportunity to be a leader and
perform in an exceptional manner. We strive to uphold ourEthos
which defines our culture-Trusted,Responsive,Accountable
- Strive to create trust in everything we do, starting with
self-trust and relationship trust. We work on the components of
integrity, intent, capability, and results.
- Listen to the needs of our end-user Professionals, then
develop, produce and deliver solutions to their problems. Each of
us chooses to be a leader and takes charge of what is within our
circle of influence.
- Seek to achieve results with a bias for action. We like to
compete and be measured against the most demanding standards to
ensure our continued success.
- Overcome obstacles to accomplish our goals and support our team
members when challenges arise. We complete commitments and seek
to'over-deliver" relative to expectations
Keywords: 5.11 Tactical, Manteca , Screen Print Lead, Other , Manteca, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!